Saturday, May 6, 2017

Shoe vs. escalator

Spoiler alert: the escalator won.

On a recent trip to Dubai, my husband and I had the pleasure of visiting the Burj Al Arab for brunch. 


Photo courtesy of Trip Adviser: Burj Al Arab hotel, Dubai 

Perhaps you've heard of it. A quaint hotel in Dubai; the only self-proclaimed 7-star hotel in the world. 
Brunch attire needed to match said 7-star status so I wore a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. 



Brunch was lovely. However, my heels did not agree with the escalator upon exiting. Luckily, the lobby escalators are a bit longer then normal so I realized what was happening only halfway down. My heel (on both feet) had gotten wedged into the grooves of the escalator steps. I frantically tried to unwedge the heel without taking my shoes off with no such luck. I eventually did take both shoes off but was only able to save one shoe. The other wasn't so lucky ....
Christian Louboutin shoes destroyed by escalator   Christian Louboutin heels destroyed by escalator

Staff at the hotel were very attentive and immediately came to stop the escalator as my shoe was caught. Many checking to see that I was okay. We were greeted by the front desk manager who then exchanged contact info and said she would be in touch. 
Long story short, this 7-star hotel provided 7-star service, replacing my shoes altogether. 


Christian Louboutin heels decollete nude   Christian Louboutin heels decollete nude

Although getting stuck in the escalator was traumatizing, having it happen at undoubtedly the nicest hotel I've ever been to somewhat eases the experience. 

1 comment: